Our fourth MOQS event will occur from March 21st to 24th 2023 in Heidelberg. It will combine a two-days scientific workshop on March 21 and 22, and a two-day training event on March 23 to 24.
MOQS Heidelberg Workshop: from platforms to algorithms for quantum simulation
Dates: March 21-22
Venue: IWH – Internationales Wissenschaftsforum Heidelberg
- Ivano Tavernelli (IBM)
- Stefan Knecht (Algorithmiq)
- Johannes Zeiher (Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik)
- Jakob Kottmann (University of Augsburg)
- Piotr Czarnik (Jagiellonian University)
- Marko J. Rančić (TotalEnergies)
The schedule is final but the actual order of speakers may differ if any conflicts in scheduling occur.
How to arrive
I. From Frankfurt Airport:
- By Train to Heidelberg Main Station (Hauptbahnhof). You can follow the directions on arrival by train below. There are some direct trains to Heidelberg, but it may be faster to take a train with transit. Tickets can be pre-bought or purchased at the station.
- By using the Airport Transfer and Limousine Service (TLS; Tel. +49 (0) 6221 770077). Depending on your airline, you will be picked up at the Meeting Point at either Terminal 1 or 2. TLS will take you directly to the IWH. Advance reservation with information on the airline and flight number is required. University guests can avail of an additional discount.
- By Lufthansa Airport Bus. The bus stops at the Meeting Point in Terminal 1, Halle B, Exit B 4-5 (Arrivals level). It will take you to the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Kurfürstenanlage 1-3 in Heidelberg. From there, you can take a taxi to the IWH. Alternatively, take bus 33 in the direction of Köpfel or 35 in the direction of Neckargemünd from “Bismarckplatz” to stop “Neckarmünzplatz” or “S-Bf Altstadt” (see below II).
- Arrival at Frankfurt-Hahn or Baden Airpark (Ryan-Air, Air Berlin)
Baden Airpark-Hahn-Express Frankfurt-Hahn: Auto – Bus-Charter
II. By Train: Arrival at Heidelberg Main Station (Hauptbahnhof); from there,
- Take the S-Bahn (S1, S2 – destination Osterburken), alight at “S-Bahnhof Altstadt” (formerly “Karlstor”). Travel time: 4 minutes. It is a 3-5 minute walk to the IWH from there.
- Take Bus 33 (direction “Köpfel”) from the stop in front of the train station. Alight at the “S-Bahnhof Altstadt” (formerly “Karlstor” stop). Travel time: approx. 17 minutes. It is a 3-5 minute walk to the IWH from there.
III. By Car:
- Take autobahn A5 to exit 38 (“Heidelberg Mitte”).
At the end of the autobahn, shift to the left lane and take local road B37 towards Eberbach/Mosbach along the Neckar river. At “Karlstor” (the second traffic light after the old bridge (“Alte Brücke”)), turn right into “Hauptstraße” (narrow street). The IWH is on your left.
- Take autobahn A6 to the “Sinsheim” exit.
Turn onto local road B37 towards Neckargemünd and drive to Heidelberg along the Neckar River. At “Karlstor”, turn left into “Hauptstraße”. Follow the directions under III. 1 from there.
The nearest parking facilities are “Parkhaus 13” (parking garage 13) at the “Karlsplatz/Rathaus” (a 3-minute walk to IWH) and “Parkhaus 12” (parking garage 12) at the “Kornmarkt/Schloss” near the station funicular. It is a 5-minute walk from there to the IWH. Please note that the main street (Hauptstraße) is under renovation from March 2018 until (est.) September 2020.
P12 (Height 1,80m) – P13 (Height 1,90m)